The Prime Pro 48 real time PCR system is a high specification, economically priced real time thermal cycler that accommodates a unique 48-well polypropylene PCR plate utilising the same geometry as standard 384-well plates, but only 1/8 of the size. This enables users to dramatically reduce the qPCR reagent volumes compared to traditional 96-well instruments, saving users precious sample, whilst still producing a strong fluorescence signal. Minimizing the plate size also significantly improves thermal uniformity. A minimum volume of 5µl is validated, resulting in a more efficient use of expensive and ‘hard to acquire‘ template DNA samples.
- Ramp rate average 5.5°C/sec. Fast heating and cooling.
- 40 cycles in 40 minutes (under 20 minutes optimised) with standard chemistry.
- Process up to 40% more samples per hour than a traditional 96-well instrument.
- MIQE guidelines compliant software.
- High resolution melt (HRM) capability.
- Patented thermal system. Hollow fluid-filled silver block anodised with gold.
- Unparalleled market-leading uniformity ±0.1°C at 95°C.
- Up to 5x greater uniformity than any other block-based qPCR instrument.
- Techne supply 400 probe based qPCR detection kits.
- Kit components are lyophilised for ambient shipping and storage.
- Prime Pro 48 also accepts all popular brands of reagents.
Advanced optical technology
- 4 colours for easy multiplexing.
- Patented optical system utilised Adaptive LED Control.
- Automatically normalises fluorescence. Never saturate the detector. Eliminate cross talk.
- Always reads all 48 wells, with all 4 filters at every cycle.